Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Second Visit to Obgyn and a Small Heartbeat

Today was the second visit to the obgyn office and the first time Jessie and I got to meet with Dr. Meyers, who will be delivering our baby. He's short, slightly pudgy, and has a great sense of humor along with alot of years experience doing what he does. He delivered my sister, Tammy's, babies so I know he'll be great. Jessie and I really like him, which I think is an important part of the process.

I got an exam first thing and then after that was finished he went over all of the results from the labwork I had done last month. Apparently I'm super healthy. Great news! I also found out my blood type. I know it may be kind of weird that I'm 31 years old and never knew what my blood type was, but maybe it's a good thing that I never had to know - no major trauma events. In any case, now I know. Also, I'm rh positive, which means no extra injections with a needle later on in the pregnancy. This is also great news! More great news - I didn't have to get any lab work done, so no stabbing me with sharp instruments causing a mini-panic attack to ensue! The news just keeps getting better!

The best news of all - we got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time! It was a healthy and normal 140-ish beats per minute. It was so great that I teared up a little bit. And I'm not a crier. Jessie and I were both so happy.

I have another appointment scheduled in three weeks, and I'm going to have to get lab work done then. But that's weeks away and I'll think about that when it gets here!

No comments:

Post a Comment